Although the name of this blog might give the impression it will be filled with positive and calming reading the reader may find this is not always the case. I make no apologies for this.

I believe experiencing the whole range of emotions, both those considered negative and those considered to be positive are a big part in what makes us human.
Acknowledging and expressing those feelings in an appropriate way makes us healthy humans.
You will find the gamut of emotions expressed in my works on this blog. I hope they encourage the reader to acknowledge their own feelings both positive and negative.



Sunday, December 5, 2010

Alone

Loneliness is something we all experience at some time. I wrote this poem at a time when I was feeling very lonely and isolated. It is not a cheerful piece but I know it will resonate with most people.


Alone

In the dark hours
Loneliness taunts me
Glimpses of times past
Happiness and laughter
Dim memories rush forth
Intensifying the feelings
Of desolation and despair
Abandoned and alone
I struggle to find comfort
In simple pleasures
Isolation feeding
Insecurities
In the dark hours
Alone 

© Helen B 2007

peace and healing
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment